Tuesday, April 13, 2010

has there ever been a game where

critics such as GS and IGN gave a game a good rating but most gamers didn't care for it or gave it a bad score? I noticed on average gamers give higher scores than sites do so i was just curious.has there ever been a game where
I heard Perfect Dark Zero wasn't as good as Gamespot said it was. I don't have an Xbox 360 nor have I ever played the game so I don't really have a solid opinion as to whether this is true or not.has there ever been a game where
A lot of that is due to the fact some some gamer reviews are polar exaggerated. And by that, you'll see reviews with 10s or 1s in most if not all categories, backed up only with a short paragraph of rubbish.
Yeah, most of the user reviews that are radical (like many 1s or 10s) are just fanboys or haters trying to change the view of the game as much as possible.
On Gamestats.com, an average of a bunch of game critics, I think Gears of War scored less among the gamers. Gears of War does kick ass though.
Final Fantasy VIII comes to mind. At the time, the critics loved it, and you can see that the score given on this site is very high (9.5, I believe) but a lot of people really hate it. I've never quite understood why, it's one of my favorites in the series.
yeah I thought VIII was great
many times when that happened. Fans said pdz was awesome, it only got a 9. Fans said FF VII was the best in the series and critics like VIII better.
[QUOTE=''kidrock17xp'']critics such as GS and IGN gave a game a good rating but most gamers didn't care for it or gave it a bad score? I noticed on average gamers give higher scores than sites do so i was just curious.[/QUOTE] perfect dark zero, also black and white comes to mind.
In terms of what I've read most on various forums, in addition to my own experience.....Gamespot gave the original Deus Ex an 8.2....certainly not a bad score, but many feel Deus Ex is one of the greatest games ever created, and definitely far more deserving of the score Gamespot gave it, especially with many other respectable places giving it GOTY back in 2000.Another example is Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines....Gamespot gave it like a 7.7, but many PC RPG fans consider it one of the best and most stylish RPG games released in the past 5 years, with many who have actually experienced it putting the quality of it's content right up there with the likes of KOTOR. At the same time the game was released with some major bugs that really effected gameplay, so in a way it's understandable why Gamespot gave it a low score, however, many of the bugs and problems have now been fixed due to both an official and numerous community made patches.....Vampire - Bloodlines is now considered a cult favorite RPG, and practically a must buy for any fan of Western RPGs....right up there with other RPG cult clasics like Planescape Torment.Games like Beyond Good %26 Evil, ICO, and Shenmue I %26 II are other examples of games that get mentioned a lot of deserving higher scores then what they recieved on Gamespot and have gone on to be considered cult favs. On the flip side, many felt Perfect Dark Zero didn't deserve the 9.0 that Gamespot gave it and think that Gamespot highly overrated that game.....I mean, the average critic score was an 8.1 (far lower then Gamespot's 9.0), in addition, the average user score here at Gamespot was an 8.5, again, quite low, especially considering user scores are usually a lot higher then what an editor score usually is. The Perfect 10 for THPS3 is another score that gets a lot of flack as being overrated....though if you read Gamespot's review policy you might see how they came to that score, at the same time, many felt that out of the many games released over the years, there were many others that were far more deserving of such a rare score.In addition, many felt the 9.4 for Halo 2 was overrated, and actually quite contradictory considering that just a couple of months later Gamespot actually nominated it for the Biggest Disappointment during the Best %26 Worst Awards of the Year....some had the sentiment that if a game is gonna be cited as being one of the biggest disappointments of the year, then it shouldn't have gotten such a high score in the first place...and vice versa.There are other examples....but those are the ones I see commonly stand out.
[QUOTE=''d3stroyth3m'']Final Fantasy VIII comes to mind. At the time, the critics loved it, and you can see that the score given on this site is very high (9.5, I believe) but a lot of people really hate it. I've never quite understood why, it's one of my favorites in the series.[/QUOTE]I hated FFVIII. It was terrible. Poor pacing of plot, poor plot in general, poor storytelling, unbalanced magic system and exploitable GF system, etc etc etc. It is really unfortunate though. FFVIII had most potential out of all FF game I've ever played. If they ended the game at Disc 1, even though it was cliff hanger and it was extremely short, I would've said it was greatest FF ever made.... too bad disc 2, 3 and 4 exists.
I know this is a bit off topic but Final Fantasy VIII is the last Final Fantasy game I ever played... that game ruined the series for me
psychonuants a great game just not many people bought it the units were just in three digits
[QUOTE=''smerlus'']I know this is a bit off topic but Final Fantasy VIII is the last Final Fantasy game I ever played... that game ruined the series for me[/QUOTE]he he... Final Fantasy VIII is the first Final Fantasy game I've ever played and since then, I have loved series.

No comments:

Post a Comment