Tuesday, April 13, 2010

RE4 Wii edition selling better than expected... Capcom raises income forecasts

This pleads a very strong case for future 3rd party games on the Wii. Who says just the mini games will sell?http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Resident_Evil_4_For_Wii_Increases_Capcom_Results_11939_6573_0.htmRE4 Wii edition selling better than expected... Capcom raises income forecasts
:)Deserves every sale.RE4 Wii edition selling better than expected... Capcom raises income forecasts
It's a great game at a very good price. It deserves to be a high seller.
What's impressed me most about the RE4 port to Wii is that not only does it contain better controls, plus all the extras from both previous versions, but it's priced accordingly, and how a port should be priced.Now think back to when they ported RE2, 3 and CV to the GC last-gen and had the cheek to charge a high price.
[QUOTE=''dvader654'']:)Deserves every sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm not of the opinion that last-gen games with new controls should be praised, but that's just me. Certainly sends an interesting message to other third parties.

I'm just puzzled by the decision to make RWii4. Resident Evil games have always been built around bad control. In RE4, Leon's inability to aim without shaking like an epileptic watching Anime was what kept it from being a cakewalk. If you take the artificial difficulty of bad controls away from an RE game, you're left with shooting zombies in a barrel. Eh, someday I'll try it out, see if they managed to compensate somehow.

Can't find a copy here in london. My friend just got a wii and hasn't played the game before. He hasn't owned a console since N64 and only had 1 game on it.
*sniffs*I smell RE5 on the Wii...
Was Capcom only expecting to sell 10 units or something?
[QUOTE=''CAD-Monkey''] Was Capcom only expecting to sell 10 units or something?[/QUOTE]Considering it breached the top 10 in June NPD while only being on the market for 10 days of that month, ourselling new IP's like The Darkness is pretty damn impressive for a 2 year old port.
[QUOTE=''gaminggeek'']Can't find a copy here in london. My friend just got a wii and hasn't played the game before. He hasn't owned a console since N64 and only had 1 game on it. [/QUOTE]GAME at camden town seemed to have it, but I never know with GAME these days they seem to leave display boxes of games they've sold out of on the shelves without a sold out/coming soon sticker.
Maybe this will result in having awesome third-party Wii games that I HAVEN'T ALREADY PLAYED 2 YEARS AGO!
[QUOTE=''AtomicTangerine'']Maybe this will result in having awesome third-party Wii games that I HAVEN'T ALREADY PLAYED 2 YEARS AGO![/QUOTE]^^TrueTo everyone that is unsure about this port, the motion controls change the game from being ''played'' to being ''experienced.'' I played thru on my brothers until I got in the house. Then, the mad man with the chainsaw came at me, and I ducked like he was after me. 3 days later, I bought the last Wii in my city. 13 days after that (today), I am as giddy as a school girl. I've only played RE4 twice because I rented Rayman, Super Paper Mario, and Madden 07.Any survival/horror game that translates your actual fear into the character on the game is good. That's why RE4 is so great on the Wii. It's also why I only play it at night when I'm alone.
I was actually going to buy it today.
It has nothing to do with how old a port it is, its that its RE4 one of the best games ever made and every new sale puts a smile on my face. I think 3 million sold worldwide for this game is still too low a number, I hope these sales bring the overall total up more. Everyone should experience this gem of a game.
[QUOTE=''gaminggeek'']Can't find a copy here in london. My friend just got a wii and hasn't played the game before. He hasn't owned a console since N64 and only had 1 game on it. [/QUOTE]GG you must pick this up, at first it seems like you're not going to get into it, but after around 15 minutes the controls are unbelievably sublime, it makes the game even more fun, well worth it.
[QUOTE=''dvader654'']It has nothing to do with how old a port it is, its that its RE4 one of the best games ever made and every new sale puts a smile on my face. I think 3 million sold worldwide for this game is still too low a number, I hope these sales bring the overall total up more. Everyone should experience this gem of a game.[/QUOTE] After playing through it again on the Wii I'm convinced now it's one of the best games ever made, you won't find another action game that's so satisfying to play through, and the way the ENTIRE game never lets up or gets old, you could easily just happily blast through it straight without stopping, not many games like that around.
[QUOTE=''Mantorok''][QUOTE=''dvader654'']It has nothing to do with how old a port it is, its that its RE4 one of the best games ever made and every new sale puts a smile on my face. I think 3 million sold worldwide for this game is still too low a number, I hope these sales bring the overall total up more. Everyone should experience this gem of a game.[/QUOTE] After playing through it again on the Wii I'm convinced now it's one of the best games ever made, you won't find another action game that's so satisfying to play through, and the way the ENTIRE game never lets up or gets old, you could easily just happily blast through it straight without stopping, not many games like that around.[/QUOTE]I am someone who cherishes my sleep. But when I got this game when it was released on the GC, I did an allnighter because I just couldn't stop playing. This only happened to me with very few other games before (in fact I think perhaps only Super Mario 3 and Diablo) and with no game since. To me that's a testament of its quality. I can't wait to play the Wii version, I don't at all mind buying this game a second time. Like dvader said ... deserves every sale it gets
[QUOTE=''dvader654'']It has nothing to do with how old a port it is, its that its RE4 one of the best games ever made and every new sale puts a smile on my face. I think 3 million sold worldwide for this game is still too low a number, I hope these sales bring the overall total up more. Everyone should experience this gem of a game.[/QUOTE]Totally.RE4 is one of the all-time greats, and the sales should be up there with the Halo's and GTA'sof the world. Of course, I say this about a ton of top-quality games. :P But this game IS on a higher level than most. Imo RE4 is still the best game released since it came out on Cube, so its not like its just some random decent last-gen game, ported over.More than that, the only reason Capcom likely ported it to the Wii, is because they probably had plans to release the game again on the Cube. Since Cube became no longer a priority, they decided to bring it to Wii, a fresh system with a fresh audience. The Wii version IS the best version of this game, hands down. The only negatives I can say about it, are that they didn't upgrade the graphics at all, and Ada's mission looks like a direct port from PS2. And also, after playing this version....I got a sudden pain of frustration when I thought of the fact that Nintendo made the system too underpowered, which will prevent me from playing many other games of this caliber, including RE5, on the Wii. Can you imagine RE5's graphics mixed with Wii controls? I can. But it ain't gonna happen.I played the hell out of the Cube version, and already I've put more time into the Wii port. Its a steal at $30 for what is probably the best overall game on the system right now until Metroid hits.
Didnt Capcom say that they would bring RE5 and remakes of RE1,2, and 3to the Wii using the RE4 engine if RE4 Wii edition and RE UC sold well?Time to pay the piper Capcom!

No comments:

Post a Comment