Sunday, April 11, 2010

Virtual Console Releases for 08/07/07. (Makin' Waves with LoLo and Space Bugs!)

WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLASSIC GAMES ANNOUNCED FOR WII SHOP CHANNELAug. 6, 2007What makes a game truly clas-sic? Is it unforgettable graphics or timeless characters? Is it crisp realism or mesmerizing fantasy realms? The answer, of course, is all of the above, and this week's additions to the Wii Shop Channel cover the whole gamut. From wild water sports to heroic puzzling to intergalactic space battles, these newly available titles are proven favorites you'll learn to love all over again on your WiiTM.

Today Nintendo adds three new clas-sic games to the popular Wii video game system's Wii Shop Channel. The games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii PointsTM to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Wave Race?64 (Nintendo?64, 1-2 players, rated E for Everyone, 1,000 Wii Points): Take to the waves on your own personal watercraft and experience some of the best water effects in video game history. Choose one of four characters, each with his/her own unique abilities and **** and master the game's excellent controls. Make your way through nine courses, each with its own challenges. If the ramps, mines and hairpin turns aren't enough, you'll also have to deal with varying weather conditions that can make the water choppy or cover the course with fog. And if you ever feel like taking a break from racing, then try out Stunt Mode to polish your skills by pulling off handstands, rolls and more. Get good enough and you might even be able to ride a dolphin-just don't get seasick.

ADVENTURES OF LOLOTM (NES? 1 player, rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): This was the first game in the Eggerland puzzle series to be released in North America. After the love of his life, Lala, is kidnapped by the Great Devil and taken to a haunted castle, our hero Lolo sets out to rescue her. The journey is perilous because the Great Devil's fortress is guarded by a massive army. But Lolo has a few tricks up his sleeve, including a Magic Shot that turns enemies into eggs and an Emerald Framer that shields him from attacks. Combining clever environmental puzzles with tricky enemies and an engaging **** ADVENTURES OF LOLO is a true clas-sic.

GALAGATM '90 (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, rated E for Everyone, 600 Wii Points): This is an updated version of the clas-sic arcade shooter Galaga. Set in the vast reaches of space, you will fight your way through all 29 rounds to reach the enemies' stronghold on Planet Galaga. Game levels consist of a few rounds with changing enemies and backgrounds. To top it off, the nostalgic ''Galactic Dancing'' lives on to mark the end of each level. With the new addition of dimensions, you can choose your attack route. Collect capsules and open dimension warps at branch sections to take on even tougher enemies. GALAGA '90's inclusion of the triple fighter, scrolling backgrounds, boss Galaga and even new system effects make it nothing less than a masterpiece.Virtual Console Releases for 08/07/07. (Makin' Waves with LoLo and Space Bugs!)
Aw man, America gets wave race? :(Is Shinobi 3 a fair swap? Virtual Console Releases for 08/07/07. (Makin' Waves with LoLo and Space Bugs!)
I would like to see Snowboard Kids (I think thats what it was called)That snowboarding game was gunnnnnnnnnnn, loved it to death.... then it broke
[QUOTE=''gaminggeek''] Aw man, America gets wave race? :(Is Shinobi 3 a fair swap? [/QUOTE]I'd rather have Shinobi...It has a NINJA HORSE afterall! :shock:
Shinobi 3 is in the Genesis collection, which I hope everyone that likes Genesis games has, its so much cheaper than the VC. Wave Race 64, wow, I remember the craze for that game back in the day. Never played it though.I will skip this week, Paper Mario is owning my soul right now.
I never played wave race either. This is a must buy for me at a later date.
Outstanding. This may be the best week we ever get. Savor it!
WAVE RACE 64!!! Awesome!*runs to the Wii with credit card in hand*
WW64 good times....
Ahhh, so many great memories with Wave Race. That was a great racing racing game. The music was awesome. Back when I first played it I found it had an annoying announcer, but now looking back, for me, it sort of adds to the charm and nostalgia of the game. I remember how the graphics blew me away back in those early days of the N64, especially the water in both how it looked and how realistic the waves felt in the game. I read a Miyamoto interview once in which he said that Wave Race used about 80% of the N64's capabilities compared to Mario 64 which used about 55% - 60%.
[QUOTE=''gaminggeek'']Aw man, America gets wave race? :(Is Shinobi 3 a fair swap?[/QUOTE] What's that supposed to mean...? These regions aren't in some sort of contest about who gets what games. I saw a lot of this mentality with Paper Mario, too, and it's really irritating (''America didn't have to wait long enough!''). WTF? Where the hell's that coming from? A good game arriving anywhere is a good sign for everybody, especially the way Nintendo has been crunching worldwide releases together lately. But if you absolutely must make the comparison, Wave Race is one of those outstanding AAA titles that will be must-buy in any region when (not if, but when) it hits there. Between it and Starfox 64, I have no more need for my N64, really. Shinobi III is also a good game for sure, and if that's hitting anywhere this week, that sets up a strong game for next week over here.
[QUOTE=''DarkCatalyst''][QUOTE=''gaminggeek'']Aw man, America gets wave race? :( Is Shinobi 3 a fair swap?[/QUOTE] What's that supposed to mean...? These regions aren't in some sort of contest about who gets what games. I saw a lot of this mentality with Paper Mario, too, and it's really irritating (''America didn't have to wait long enough!''). WTF? Where the hell's that coming from? A good game arriving anywhere is a good sign for everybody, especially the way Nintendo has been crunching worldwide releases together lately. But if you absolutely must make the comparison, Wave Race is one of those outstanding AAA titles that will be must-buy in any region when (not if, but when) it hits there. Between it and Starfox 64, I have no more need for my N64, really. Shinobi III is also a good game for sure, and if that's hitting anywhere this week, that sets up a strong game for next week over here.[/QUOTE] LOL :P Don't take my post so seriously Pat. The :( face is simply because you've got it now and we don't know when we'll get it in europe. Also remember that Trauma center Under the Knife (a US launch game) is just being released over here this friday and that Super Paper mario is belatedly coming to europe 5 months after you guys. Also remember that games such as Earthbound andSuper MarioRPG never even released over here.We have every right to complain, so stuff it where the sun don't shine boyo :PP.S If Starfox and Wave Race 64 are the only N64 games you want on the VC..... maaaaan. You liked nothing else?
*yawn* pass on this week as well. Still a billion things on my plate anyways.
[QUOTE=''gaminggeek'']P.S If Starfox and Wave Race 64 are the only N64 games you want on the VC..... maaaaan. You liked nothing else?[/QUOTE]There were games I found...passable. 1080 was nice, but I was still way into Wave Race when it came out so I didn't have much chance to really bite into it. Wipeout 64 was alright, too. Mario 64 didn't do anything for me, though, and Ocarina of Time and F-Zero X changed their gameplay way too much for my liking, ultimately driving me away from the system in 98 (bad year for me, between my distaste for Nintendo's approach and Sega's withdrawal of the US market, I was actually a one-console gamer for awhile).But Starfox 64 had far and away the best multiplayer on the system, and Wave Race 64 was the reason I even bought into the N64 in the first place - I paid $87.99 USD for it at the counter and have absolutely no regrets.
[QUOTE=''DarkCatalyst''] [QUOTE=''gaminggeek'']P.S If Starfox and Wave Race 64 are the only N64 games you want on the VC..... maaaaan. You liked nothing else?[/QUOTE]There were games I found...passable. 1080 was nice, but I was still way into Wave Race when it came out so I didn't have much chance to really bite into it. Wipeout 64 was alright, too. Mario 64 didn't do anything for me, though, and Ocarina of Time and F-Zero X changed their gameplay way too much for my liking, ultimately driving me away from the system in 98 (bad year for me, between my distaste for Nintendo's approach and Sega's withdrawal of the US market, I was actually a one-console gamer for awhile).But Starfox 64 had far and away the best multiplayer on the system, and Wave Race 64 was the reason I even bought into the N64 in the first place - I paid $87.99 USD for it at the counter and have absolutely no regrets.[/QUOTE] I paid something akin to $180 for a japanese import of SNES SFII Turbo. I was crazy back then. Over here in the UK your average retail 360 game is $100 and your average retail bought Wii game is $75-80.I liked a lot of N64 games, the twozeldas, mario 64, the wrestling games of the day, No Mercy and wrestlemania, jet force gemeni, goldeneye, banjo 1 and 2, DK64, perfect dark, hybrid heaven, shadowman, F Zero X, Conker, the mario sports games,I recentely got to play Paper mario :DExcellent game I missed back then.
[QUOTE=''gaminggeek''][QUOTE=''DarkCatalyst''] [QUOTE=''gaminggeek'']P.S If Starfox and Wave Race 64 are the only N64 games you want on the VC..... maaaaan. You liked nothing else?[/QUOTE]There were games I found...passable. 1080 was nice, but I was still way into Wave Race when it came out so I didn't have much chance to really bite into it. Wipeout 64 was alright, too. Mario 64 didn't do anything for me, though, and Ocarina of Time and F-Zero X changed their gameplay way too much for my liking, ultimately driving me away from the system in 98 (bad year for me, between my distaste for Nintendo's approach and Sega's withdrawal of the US market, I was actually a one-console gamer for awhile).But Starfox 64 had far and away the best multiplayer on the system, and Wave Race 64 was the reason I even bought into the N64 in the first place - I paid $87.99 USD for it at the counter and have absolutely no regrets.[/QUOTE] I paid something akin to $180 for a japanese import of SNES SFII Turbo. I was crazy back then. Over here in the UK your average retail 360 game is $100 and your average retail bought Wii game is $75-80.I liked a lot of N64 games, the twozeldas, mario 64, the wrestling games of the day, No Mercy and wrestlemania, jet force gemeni, goldeneye, banjo 1 and 2, DK64, perfect dark, hybrid heaven, shadowman, F Zero X, Conker, the mario sports games,I recentely got to play Paper mario :DExcellent game I missed back then. [/QUOTE]



I loved a lot of the third party games they had like Command And Conquer, Doom and other titles like that.
That's a pretty nice batch of games there. I definately want to get Wave Race 64. Awesome game. Played it to death back when I had a N64. I remember having quite a bit of fun playing LoLo way back when so I'd probably grab that one too. I don't think I've played Galaga '90 but I really enjoy Galaga and have that on XBLA so this would be another one I'd get.
I find the lack of Lolo love in this thread disturbing. Except for Archangel3371, of course. :POh man, this is a fine batch of games, that's for sure. I have the feeling that the moment I buy a Wii, I'll go broke with all these classics and the ones to come. T_THey I can say classic now? Classic. Classic. Classic!!
[QUOTE=''SteelAttack''] I find the lack of Lolo love in this thread disturbing. Except for Archangel3371, of course. :POh man, this is a fine batch of games, that's for sure. I have the feeling that the moment I buy a Wii, I'll go broke with all these classics and the ones to come. T_THey I can say classic now? Classic. Classic. Classic!![/QUOTE]Of course I pretty much love everything though. :PI know what you mean. When I also get around to getting a Wii I'm going to end up spending a scary amount of coin grabbing all these VC titles.
LOLWe have licensing censorship in Wave Race!Kawasaki signs have been replaced by Wii and DS Lite signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment