Sunday, April 11, 2010

Who else here reads gameinformer?

Who else here besides me reads gameinformer? Gamespot is still a good reviewing website, but gameinformer is really good.Who else here reads gameinformer?
i used to have a subscription, but now I use their website more. at least the subscription was a gift. it's a really good gaming magazine and I've actually trusted their reviews more than gamespot Who else here reads gameinformer?
Game Informer is the best mag on the market. They constantly give you the first glimpse on blockbuster titles. Assassins Creed, COD4, Metal of Honor Airborne, and GTA 4 to name just a few. I think they pay a lot of money for those exclusives.
I had a free subscription or something once, because of something I did at Gamestop. I don't even remember now. All I know is that every month I got a magazine full of news I pretty much already knew from browsing various websites (including this one). In addition, their reviews didn't really 'wow' me much. So, when my subscription came up I decided that it wasn't really worth the money.
i have it its pretty nice
[QUOTE=''Binarynova'']I had a free subscription or something once, because of something I did at Gamestop. I don't even remember now. All I know is that every month I got a magazine full of news I pretty much already knew from browsing various websites (including this one). In addition, their reviews didn't really 'wow' me much. So, when my subscription came up I decided that it wasn't really worth the money.[/QUOTE]Yeah, since its a publication, then its news tends to be a little late. But when it comes to exclusive peaks at upcoming titles, they are always first. Who do you think provided the first pics of GTA 4. GI, thats who. Assassins Creed...GI. List goes on and on.
I read them, although I don't really trust them for reviews necessarily. They're far too forgiving on games, but that is expected given their tie-in with EB/Gamestop, a place that sells games. They have bar none the best screen grabs in print, though. From a presentation standpoint, GI is the next best thing to actually seeing the game in person. I also like their point/counterpoint articles, and Andy McNamara (while far too pragmatic for my tastes) usually writes a pretty good Editor's Note. They are also unusually adept at landing exclusives as well. And for a print 'zine (which always arrives weeks later than internet news) they occasionally break news - an almost unheard of event these days. Not only did they break the rumor that Riddick was being redone, they also showed the first screens of it (that I'd seen, anyway).
~-~I brows a bit since I have the GameStop card. But overall I get everything here. (I like GS's reviews more. They're not afraid to hammer down on a game.)~-~
I do it's a really good magazine.:D
I do and I'm planning on re-subscribing after my subsrcibtion ends.
Not only do I think GI is the best gaming mag, I think it also the funniest. The humor of the reviews often makes reading through them less mundane than reading through other magazines' reviews.
Yeah it gives you the most for your money. Plus it gives me something to read while I sit on the can. It takes me about 30 days to finish it from cover to cover, which coincidentally is the time that a new one arrives!
I really like the mag, it's probably my favorite of all that are out there right now. I don't always agree with some of the reviews, but I guess you will get that anywhere.
I have read it before, yeah, but I always feel like something isn't quite right about it. For example, they hated on Paper Mario 2. They also stated that True Crime: Streets of NY or whatever it was called was one of the better games the year it came out. They are also the same magazine that gave Resistance and Gears of War co-Game of the Month when it is almost plainfully obvious that Gears of War was in another league. They're the magazine that said that Elite Beat Agents had bad controls because the reviewer wasn't too good at the game. Maybe it is just me, but I honestly question wether or not they get bigger Christmas bonuses for rating the expected blockbuster games well.
I've never read it, the only gaming magazines I've been subscribed to are Nintendo Power and GamePro.
i got a subscription for free after trading in some PS2 games at Game Stop...don't know how it happened, but im glad.
I do. I've got a subscription. Although I only got the subscription so I could get my Edge card at GameStop. But I was pleasently surprised at how well done the magazine it. I really like it and it's the best gaming mag I've come across in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment