Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Is this really the Best RPG on the PSP to date?

Brave Story...I'm hearing really good things about it. It's getting really good reviews, and all the reviews claim that Brave Story is the best RPG on the PSP so far. That's quite a statement.The main reason why this game got higher reviews is not because of the story or the characters, but it's because the game has fast loading times, very fast-paced, and enjoyable battles, and the graphics look gorgeous. It's also the best-looking RPG as well. However, the negative side to this game is that the story is the same old, generic, Japanese manga/anime flare. Well, that's a given since it is based on a manga. Also, the characters aren't that original...and it has a cat-character, which is basically an instant turn-off for me, ugh! :xI won't buy it, all because I hate cat characters, SERIOUSLY! I hate em`! :evil: But to everyone else who hasn't heard about this game, it's the best RPG right now for the PSP. So it looks like it's worth checking out. But it's pricey at $40, but there's hours of gameplay, unlike Killzone Liberation which is $40 for a five hour game. :roll:Damn cat-characters...if it wasn't for that I'd pick this up. But to everyone else, looks pretty good...that is until FFVII Crisis Core hits next year, unless it gets delayed again. :P...*sigh*...I guess I still have a soft spot for RPGs like these. :)Is this really the Best RPG on the PSP to date?
All of the reviews I have read indicate that it is generic but competent rpg (sadly, merely competence could make it the best original PSP rpg, though the PSP port of Lenneth is far better than competent). If one includes tactical rpg, I suspect Brave Story will not be wearing its crown for long since Jeanne d' Arc (a truly great game based on my experience with the demo is hitting next week. I don't want to sidetrack your thread, so I'll merely post a link to my impressions of Jeanne rather than post the impressions and screenshots here.http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25828236%26msg_id=291594565#291594565Is this really the Best RPG on the PSP to date?
I've seen the movie. The game looks to offer a better storyline than the way it was told in the movie because of the length of course and characters, some were changed into older and bigger ones and some into just better! The battle system is turn based and it looks like you'll be gathering more fighters or what they call time travellers on the way soemthing like that. It looked better than the movie imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment