Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tales of Symphonia (Wii) Knights of Ratatosk Pics (56k) UPDATED

scans:DMore pics below:Tales of Symphonia (Wii) Knights of Ratatosk Pics (56k) UPDATED
I'm glad it's a sequel and not just a enhanced port. But I'm not to fond of the new cast.I usually like sequels to expand the adventures of the original main characters. After playing over 45~50+ hours into their lives, seeing them merely as supporting casts in the sequel is kind of a bummer. Shining Wind is another example of this.I think that's the difference between how Japanese devs. do sequels compared to Western devs. I usually see Japanese devs doing sequels with a whole new cast while western devs. continue the adventures of the original characters until they kill them off or something. Kind of like how manga is handled vs Marvel comics for example.I like sequels that prolong the original main characters. Only then do I consider it a true sequel. So far, Tales of Symphonia for the Wii looks more like a new Tales game with the original cast as guest stars...I kind of don't like this way of doing sequels, but this is just my own opinion about it.Tales of Symphonia (Wii) Knights of Ratatosk Pics (56k) UPDATED
Is it just me, or do the monsters look really low poly in these pics?After seeing how Mario Galaxy and MP3 look, I'm a bit disappointed at how other games are in their presentation. Especially in a game where, at least in the previous incarnation on the GC, the fighting area wasn't that large.Maybe I just need to see videos in action, but I'm a bit concerned about this... :?
[QUOTE=''Brain3000''] Is it just me, or do the monsters look really low poly in these pics?After seeing how Mario Galaxy and MP3 look, especially in a game where, at least in the previous incarnation on the GC, the fighting area wasn't that large.Maybe I just need to see videos in action, but I'm a bit concerned about this... :?[/QUOTE]It looks like ALL the other previous Tales` games to me. The Tales` was never known for pushing the graphics to its limits like Final Fantasy for example, so it looks the same to me.The anime-style in Tales` has always what made it separated and charming for the series, so I expect no different. With that said, the Wii is perfect for niche games like these...NIS and Atlus should follow as well and milk it on the Wii as much as they can.
[QUOTE=''ASK_Story''][QUOTE=''Brain3000''] Is it just me, or do the monsters look really low poly in these pics?After seeing how Mario Galaxy and MP3 look, especially in a game where, at least in the previous incarnation on the GC, the fighting area wasn't that large.Maybe I just need to see videos in action, but I'm a bit concerned about this... :?[/QUOTE]It looks like ALL the other previous Tales` games to me. The Tales` was never known for pushing the graphics to its limits like Final Fantasy for example, so it looks the same to me.The anime-style in Tales` has always what made it separated and charming for the series, so I expect no different. With that said, the Wii is perfect for niche games like these...NIS and Atlus should follow as well and milk it on the Wii as much as they can.[/QUOTE]Well, comparing the scans and the ToS screens here on GS, the enemies look to be more cell-shaded in ToS. Maybe its just the quality of the scan, but it looks a little worse than ToS on the GC.But then again, this is an unfinished game, so I'll wait on my final judgement as for how well the battle graphics look. I do like the fact that the in-town areas look a lot better.
Looks like crap.But then again it's a Wii screencap. (because the Wii doesn't do screencaps well).Meh, I didn't like Symphonia, I doubt I'll like this. I have yet to try the 2D GBA game(s?), though. So I haven't completely written the series off. I want to play that/those(?)... if only I could find it/them.
New screens: see first post:)
Well, it seems some familiar areas will be making a comeback in this sequel. I recognize the dock area and the fountain from ToS.
Its not a bad looking game.:)
What happened to the beautiful ToS cell-shaded 2d graphics?! :cry:Seriously, though, I'm not expecting too much from this sequel; I don't really expect much from any sequel these days though.
Well the backgrounds look nice. I'll still end up passing on it though. The Tales games have always been good, but I would never consider them to be great. Just can't force myself to get interested enough.
Looks like a PS2 game... ill have to see how they implement the motion controls before being interested.. I have a lot of games on my plate and a lot of them again are RPGS.
[QUOTE=''Robio_basic'']Well the backgrounds look nice. I'll still end up passing on it though. The Tales games have always been good, but I would never consider them to be great. Just can't force myself to get interested enough.[/QUOTE]That's how I feel about them too.I actually liked Baten Kaitos more than TOS, but TOS seems to get more love from most people. I didn't feel either game was in the ELITE league of RPG's, though. Then again, I didn't feel many RPG's were, last gen.
Looks just fine to me, and why did you (tc) say '' 56 k no sorry'', those small pics are no problem for my dial up?
thank god its really, i thought it was just a fake rumour, and i do recognize some of those places
where did you find those pics anyways
[QUOTE=''EdgecrusherAza''][QUOTE=''Robio_basic'']Well the backgrounds look nice. I'll still end up passing on it though. The Tales games have always been good, but I would never consider them to be great. Just can't force myself to get interested enough.[/QUOTE]That's how I feel about them too.I actually liked Baten Kaitos more than TOS, but TOS seems to get more love from most people. I didn't feel either game was in the ELITE league of RPG's, though. Then again, I didn't feel many RPG's were, last gen.[/QUOTE]Baten Kaitos COULD have been in that elite league. It had potential. However, the developers cared so much about how ''gorgeous'' they wanted it to be that they made that stupid decision with the pre-rendered backgrounds. And, while the story had a whole lot of potential, it just wasn't handled very well. Overall, the game just wasn't too polished, either. Which is too bad, it had a lot of things going for it.Baten Kaitos Origins was a lot more polished, and had a good story, but it lost a lot of the things that the original BK had, or could have had. (plus, the story was killed by the terrible ending)
[QUOTE=''briguyb13'']Looks just fine to me, and why did you (tc) say '' 56 k no sorry'', those small pics are no problem for my dial up?[/QUOTE]



The previous scans i posted were big, this is an old thread i've edited. [QUOTE=''salty5674'']where did you find those pics anyways[/QUOTE]



jeuxfrance
Well, I thought all the scenery looked very good, and the last screen did look a bit less stellar, but I'm sure it will look better when the game is finished.
Hmm after hearing this I have another reason to buy a wii.

No comments:

Post a Comment